You are Wonderfully made.

Leave a Comment




This is my Mabry.
I just finished reading a blog post from FBCHomes.org. A testimony about unplanned pregnancies and how YOU are fearfully and wonderfully made. I can not express how this hit home for me.
Truly want to cry ... Happy tears heart emoticon ... of hope.
So I share my own journey with you. 

I found out I was pregnant with my oldest daughter at the young age of 15. It was August of my Sophomore year in High School and we had just returned back from Summer. After the 3rd pregnancy test in less than 10 minutes, and with my MOM in my bathroom ... We both had to stop the "denial" ................. I was pregnant. 
Right in that moment I understood - I was a MOM, but I was only 15.
I was just a child.
I remember feeling ashamed, alone, uncontrollable pain and FEAR ... of everything and of everyone.
I was hurting.
I thought I was alone, but GOD was right there - Holding my HAND and saying, "You got this Mary. WE got this." 
So after many people encouraged me to choose abortion ... Or move to Orlando and finish my pregnancy in secrecy then give up the Baby ... I decided ... NO. I was going to have my Baby. I was going to stay home and finish my Sophomore year. I had to find strength - and - I had to grow up. I believed that I was not only going to finish my Junior year. But, I was going to WALK across that stage with my class of 2000. And I did!!!
See ... I became a Christian very young, but my relationship with my Father had been steered and directed in a different direction. I found myself lost. My faith as a teenager had faded and I allowed the WORLD to influence my choices. Jesus had been thrown on the back-burner.
Today, I remember specifically thanking GOD that he blessed me with a baby to be delivered during the Summer. Exactly - 3 weeks after my sophomore year and Mabry came on her due date. On HIS timing. I can smile because I remember that dearly. She was 8.4 and 20 1/2 inches long ... and oh my goodness ......... she was BEAUTIFUL heart emoticon
IF you are reading this and have found yourself in a position or a place where you do not know what you are going to do - OR - where you are going to live ... or how you might feel with a new baby or this pregnancy. Please know you have options and there is HOPE. You are loved right where you are today. Love Mary
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig